Saturday, October 10, 2009

Cast and Crew of ‘My Fair Lady’ Party it Up

Lady Castle

KBS 2TV's drama 'My Fair Lady' held a special event at Yeudo, Seoul to celebrate the completion of their final episode. On this day, the directors of the drama, Ji Young Soo PD and the lead actors--Yoon Eun Hye, Yoon, Sang Hyun, Jung Il Woo, Moon Chae Won--congratulated each other for their hard work during the 3 months of filming through a post-production party.

The 16th and final episode of 'My Fair Lady', which was broadcasted on the 8th, drew in a rating of 19%. Fans of this popular drama prepared a cake made of rice cake, numerous pictures, a book filled with their encouraging letters, and a variety of gifts for the cast and crew.

One of the directors spoke highly about the drama, stating that "Ever since the first broadcasting, the atmosphere has been good. The day after, I went to a directors' meeting and remember seeing the president smile for the first time in a year." She added, "The 'My Fair Lady' team completed the drama until the end and produced good results. I am very thankful." To Ji Young Soo PD, Yoon Eun Hye, and Yoon Sang Hyun, she requested that they continue to work hard in the future for the development of Korean dramas.

The lead actors from 'My Fair Lady' shared their reactions as well.

Main male lead Yoon Sang Hyun claimed, "The staff members were the most stressed. Although the drama is over, I don't think this is the end of our team." To his fellow cast and crew, he exclaimed, "Next time, let's meet again at a nice place and share more laughs together".

Playing the red-headed character of Kang Hye Na, singer-turned-actres Yoon Eun Hye disclosed, "It feels strange saying our last goodbyes. I'm a bit shy so, initially, I didn't talk much with the others, but now I do." She continued, "I learned a lot from 'My Fair Lady'."

Moon Chae Won, who was cast as the role of Yuh Eui Ju stated, "I was glad to play such a bright and cheerful role that was completely different character from that of 'Brilliant Legacy / Shining Inheritance'. To oppa (Yoon Sang Hyun), unni (Yoon Eun Hye), and Il Woo (Jung Il Woo), I give my sincerest thanks."

While participating in 'My Fair Lady', maknae Jung Il Woo said, "I learned that I have many flaws that I need to improve on."

It is always a bittersweet moment when a drama comes to end and 'My Fair Lady' is no exception. For those who have yet to watch the last episode, I won't reveal any spoilers. However, I will say this much: prepare the usual pint of your favorite ice cream and perhaps a box of Kleenex as well because the finale will surely have you in tears--whether it's in tears of joy or sadness, I will leave it up to you to figure out.

Source: allkpop

0 comments: