Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Super Junior’s Yesung Releases a CCM Song

super junior
Super Junior’s Yesung has done a collaboration with Yurisangja's Lee Sejun to release a CCM (Contemporary Christian music)
song; this has been pretty shocking news to netizens, since idol group members seldom go into CCM.

Yesung and Lee Sejun are two of many CCM artists collaborating together to release a project album called “July Project,” which will be released on October 5th; their contribution to this album is called "세상에서 가장 귀한 이야기" ("The Most Precious Story in the World"), and has already been released online. You can listen to it here:



Yesung has said, “I had always wanted to try being a Christian Contemporary music artist. So when Lee Sejun-hyung asked me to work on this song with him, I agreed without any hesitation. I also told my record label company (SM Entertainment) that I really wanted to work on this project, and they gave me permission to do so. Of course, I will not be taking any of the profits that come from this album. And I don't want a project like this to be a one-time thing, either; I want to continue working on projects like this in the future.”

Yesung has also said, "People always think I'm happy because I'm in Super Junior - but in fact, there are many difficulties that I had to face because I am a member of Super Junior. When difficult things happen, I get the support of my family and friends, but they're not always with me. And even though I'm not as faithful as I'd like to be, I trust in God and God gives me strength to overcome my mistakes and struggles. Siwon, Eunhyuk, and Kyuhyun also are Christians. Siwon is the most faithful one among us. Somehow, Siwon goes to the church every Sunday - he even went when we were on tour in Japan which is amazing, since there aren't many churches in Japan."

The profits from "The July Project" will be donated an organization called “Save the Children” (an organization that works to better the lives of poor children) which will use the donations for a project called “Good Lunchbox Campaign," to provide lunch for children who cannot afford school lunch.

How heartwarming! It's not often when we see an idol group singer doing such selfless things for a good cause. Best wishes to Yesung and Lee Sejun, and I hope that many children will benefit from all the work that Yesung and Lee Sejun put into this lovely song.
Source: allkpop

0 comments: