Friday, September 25, 2009

Seohyun becomes a reporter for a day

090923_seohyunreporter_572
Seohyun blogging about her experience as a reporter for the day:

-----------------
Photobucket

Hello. I am SNSD's Maknae (youngest), Seohyun. I have became a news reporter for a day for Daily Sports' 40th anniversary. Up until now, I was very curious over many things whenever I met with reporters. Through this experience, I have thoroughly learned how news articles are posted (written) on the internet (newspapers). It was harder than I had expected when I actually tried writing an article. I think being a news reporter is very appealing; but of course, I like being a singer. Would you care to join Seohyun's hectic day?
Photobucket
8:00 AM Go to work

Arrive at work by 8:00 AM. Since I am used to the busy schedule, this was a piece of cake. Anyways, even though I'm a news reporter for only a day, I should greet the chief editor and other sunbaenims (senior workers). Hello, I am Seohyun. Will you please watch over me closely, throughout the day? Wait a minute, I'm a Maknae at work too, *whimper~

Photobucket

8:10 AM Check other newspapers

Wow, I had no idea you have to check this many newspapers. I see some unfamiliar newspapers too. I wonder what kind of news articles are written in these newspapers? It must be really hard being ahead of all these other newspaper companies...Daily Sports is impressive. Yesterday, looks like there were this many incidents. Wait, how come there isn't a single line about SNSD?
Photobucket

8:30 AM A conference meeting, the topic was coming up with a new section.

I had a chance to attend a conference meeting, where only team managers and higher ups can attend. While Sunbaenims were giving me some advices to a fledgling news reporter, they also told me that it is unusual for conference meeting to be this lively. Then one of the team managers said something to me, "You should quickly become an adult and do "Talking, while drinking" interviews, right? (*There are shows that purposely intoxicate celebrities and they ask you questions or they call it "Talking,while drinking" interviews. And at the end, they ask you SUPER HARD current event questions.) Hm..but, "the quiz they make you do at the end is really hard"~ *
Photobucket

8:40 AM Start typing the article

Alright, now it's type to actually write the article. This is hard. It looks so simple, when you just read the article, but when you have to write it, it's so hard. Alright, should I write an article about SNSD members? Anything I say will become a huge news.
Photobucket

10:30 AM A design team member monitors and checks my work

Now is the time to check if I have given an appropriate title for the article I am writing, and to check if I have placed pictures and texts correctly. They told me that this is the busiest time of the day. I didn't know there was a profession for copywriters.

Photobucket

10:50 AM Final check by an editor

Once you are done with working on the design, the article is actually printed on the newspaper.
I think it's now the time for an editor to take a look at my article? My next tasks: Fix various grammar mistakes, spacing errors, quality check, and uh oh, I wrote too much. How do I shorten the article? This is so hopeless. Sunbaenim, please help me.

-----------------

Day 2
Photobucket

1:00 PM

Female celebrities laugh and cry over a picture. When a photographer told me that taking pictures at certain camera angles can change everything, I focused even more at what he had to say. Should I buy a DSLR?
Photobucket

2:00 PM A passionate news-reporter interview

There is this survival program called, "A passionate News-reporter" hosted by QTV, where they select their new news-reporters, and I had a chance to interview them. Currently, there are five survivors and the final survivor will be recruited by the Daily Sports. I think all five survivors are amazing. I am currently throwing a bunch of questions at them.
Photobucket

3:00 PM Business trip to the field

A notebook...check...A notepad check...A voice recorder check, I'm fully equipped and now I will be on my way to cover the filming set for 'Seun Dok Queen' on the spot.
Photobucket

5:00 PM Submit the news article

There is no deadline for submitting news articles online. I must be able to find an internet connection wherever I am, and submit the latest news article. I hope you will be moved by the optimistic news reporter, Seohyun. Alright, shall I close the lid of my notebook and go somewhere and find another hot issue.

-----------------
Photobucket

Day 3

If I were to become a celebrity news reporter, then I would like to interview these two people.

First, I would like to interview Ock Juhyun unni. She started out as a member of the idol group and now her ability to perform as a musical actress is acknowledged. I envy her ability to shine on the stage during the musical. However, it must have been really difficult for her to reach this point. For sure, I would like to listen to how she has coped with depressions and adversities through an interview.

Second, I would like to interview Johnny Depp. He has been my 'precious' actor, since I was in middle school. Who can match his ability to act perfectly no matter what role is given to him, and have the looks and the superb acting skills. But what if I become nervous during the interview? I would be selfish for interviewing him, right? This has been daily news reporter, Seohyun from Daily Sports.

-----------------
Seohyun's Article

You have many questions about the SNSD members, right? I will tell you some behind the scenes stories about my unnies. For today, I will be a news reporter. I always wanted to write a special article about them, but I am afraid that the unnies might scold me when I go home for writing such an article. Nevertheless, I will still share with you some stories about them. Alright, I am now about to disclose the SNSD members' private lives.

First off is our team's leader, Taeyeon unnie; also known as Taengoo. Just like what you would expect from a lead vocalist, you will never cease to hear her singing, even in the dorm. Unlike her playful image, she is actually very reserved and calm. She is really good at organizing things, taking it one step at a time.

Yuri unnie is a 'Health Supremacist'(meaning she is obsessed over being healthy). She never forget to eat meals and always eats at the right time. Same goes for me as well. I can't function without having breakfast so if I don't have the time, I try to eat something like sweet potatoes. Be wary of this, and don't forget to eat at the right times if you want a slim body!

Sooyoung unnie is the type that leads the group. For instance, if all of us are late for something, then she would summon us for an impromptu meeting and say, "Hey everyone, come here for a small talk!" Then she would cheer everyone up by saying, "Hwaiting!"

Don't you think Yoona unnie seems like a stingy person? No way. In fact, she is very easygoing. On another note, when the team's mood is down, she shows her aegyo to lighten up the mood. The thing is, her type of aegyo is "easygoing-cute-aegyo". Hard to imagine, isn't it?

Honestly, I was afraid of Jessica unnie when I first met her. As you all know, her nickname is the "Ice Princess," But I just call her Jessica unnie. During our trainee days, when I first met her, I couldn't muster up the courage to even talk to her. The other members told me the same thing. But once you get to know her, she is an extremely affectionate person. Lately, she's been very excited about her musical. Ooh, I envy her~ By the way, I really like Ock Juhyun unnie. She started out as a member of an idol group... And now she is performing as a musical actress. She is a well-rounded star. If I were to become a news reporter, I would interview her...

The way Tiffany unnie thinks... She is very mature. Her sense of responsibility is strong as well. There are many things to learn from her. Sunny unnie is the same, whether she is on TV or in person. She is gifted with words. I don't understand how she can say anything that makes everyone laugh.

On the contrary, Hyoyeon unnie is different on TV. She is the team's mood maker. As you all know, she is really good at dancing. Since she has the ability to manipulate her dancing moves freely... that is how she entertains people. Aigoo~ You should do that when you are on TV. Seriously, in front of the camera, her body like, freezes.

In our dorm, there is this ahjumma who helps us out with our living. When she doesn't come to our dorm, we do everything; such as washing our own cups. That is our dorm rule. Now you ask, who cooks for us? Don't worry about that. All the members are crazy over cooking, so it's very chaotic as they fight over who will cook. Unfortunately, everyone's cooking ethic is very experimental. There was this one time where we made too much food so we had a lot of leftovers, and ended up throwing them away.

Our members have a strong sense of humour. They have this mindset that they need to be entertaining to people; so they use their spare time to play with each other and talk so loud... My gosh, it's hectic. All the impersonations you have seen them do on variety shows... Honestly, that's really how they play with each other. Alright then, if there is another opportunity, I will continue this.

-----------------

Thanks Cathode@soshified.com for the translations!

0 comments: