Wednesday, July 22, 2009

F.T Island’s Lee Hongki, “Radio DJing Will Continue To Be My Challenge

F. T Island
“As Lee Hongki, I want to build a big building in Gangnam.”

Lee Hongki debuted as a child actor even before he turned into the main vocal of the band, FT Island.

“Because it was my dream to be an entertainer. As an entertainer, it is a pity that we cannot have our own private lives.”

Hongki had recently stepped down from being the host of SBS Inkigayo to concentrate on their album promotional activities.

As to why FT Island songs have been revolving around the topic “Love”, Hongki made the following reply.
“I’m in my twenties too, I’m twenty this year. People of this age would have had at least one love experience, I believe. It’s important to have the experience so as to grasp the right emotions when singing. Some of our staff and seniors who are close to us will also give me advice on ways to improve myself.”

In their recent comeback music video, Hongki also showed his talents in acting with his partner, “ice cream girl” Choi Ara. Many were talking about the two.

“Ms Choi Ara? She’s a younger sister. She’s younger than us and we’re rather awkward during the music video filming. I didn’t know if I should call her “Ara ya” or even use lower forms of speech to her. So I always add a “Choi Ara-Dongsaeng!” whenever I end my conversation with her. Anyway, I still like Song Hyegyo the best. Haha!”

Not just being a singer, Hongki is also trying other fields like musical and acting, as long as he can. “I want to challenge myself to be a radio DJ. Isn’t it cool? And when I get older, I aim to save more money and buy a big building in Gangnam. Hoho!”

Thoughout the interview with Hongki, he has been expressing how proud he is to be in the main cast of the musical “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” as the character “Lysander“. This musical will also be staged at his alma mater, Kyung Hee University.


Source: Star Chosun

0 comments: